Datavideo introduces HS-600 Portable Video Studio
August 08, 2012
Source: MM Network
Datavideo has introduced the HS-600 Portable Video Studio. The HS-600 is a lightweight Standard Definition studio in a box. The HS-600 is in many respects an affordable, standard definition version of a full broadcast model. It will work time and again in the pressured conditions of live video production.
Combining a vision mixer with a build-in multi-view 17-inch LCD screen and 8-Ch Intercom/Tally system, the HS-600 is designed to be live in seconds. However, it goes well beyond simple switching with a number of highly sophisticated functions that give users the scope to use it in demanding conditions. Despite its small size, it can take feeds from up-to 6 cameras as well as mixing the input from graphics stations, powerpoint presentations and four external microphones.
Ergonomic controls allow the user to switch seamlessly between video and audio sources and blend high-quality digital content on the fly, even without external genlock, thanks to the built in time base corrector. Furthermore, its intercom and tally system allow for communication between presenters, the director and the production crew, ensuring that shoots run professionally every time.
The complete system includes a single, secure power supply from one connection. Where the production is taking place away from the studio and mains power is unavailable, the HS-600 can even be powered from a 12v DC car battery.
It is a go-anywhere product, ideal for corporate, AV and the worship markets. It is also an excellent broadcast training tool.
• Video inputs: 6x Composite Video + 1x DVI-I + 1x DVI-D
• Video outputs:
1. Main Out: CVBS x 2
2. Preview: Multi-viewer DVI-D x 1
3. Aux out: AUX-1 x 2 (CVBS x 2), AUX-2 x 2 (CVBS x 2)
4. Optional output module: DV x 2 and SDI x 2 with embedded audio. The flexible outputs make it easy to connect the HS-600 to external devices such as large screens, recorders, streaming and more all at the same time
• 8-CH Cross-points matrix to easily route video sources to any input channel on PGM, PVW bus
• Luma-key function for text, graphic or animation overlay from PC
• 2 logos can be displayed on the same screen
• Dual PiP with selectable border width and color
• One still store memory can be selected as a source
• 4-CH audio mixer:
1. Input: XLR x2 (selectable microphone or line audio) and RCA x2, embedded to DV and SDI outputs
2. Output: XLR x2 and RCA x2
3. Audio follows video synchronization switching (A+V)
4. Audio Delay function, up to 17 frames for perfect lip sync calibration
• Build-in 8-CH Intercom/Tally system and a 17 inch high quality TFT LED multi-view screen for each input, as well as program & preview and Audio peak meter. Adjustments for brightness, contrast, colour saturation and backlight make using the HS-600 easy to use outdoors.